There are several steps your nonprofit must take in order to be considered for access to RunSignup’s Facebook Fundraiser API integration:
- Your nonprofit must have a fundraising run/walk/ride in RunSignup.
- Your nonprofit must be approved for Facebook Payments.
- Submit your race for approval to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API integration.
This process can take anywhere from several days to several weeks, depending on whether your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments.
There is no cost to enable RunSignup’s Facebook Fundraiser API integration or to enable Facebook Payments for your nonprofit.
While we cannot guarantee access to every nonprofit race that submits a request to use RunSignup’s Facebook Fundraiser API Integration, following these steps as outlined below will ensure your request is considered.
Your nonprofit must have a fundraising run/walk/ride in RunSignup.
Go to Donations/Fundraising >> Setup >> Basic Setup to enable fundraising for your race. You can find more information on how to set up fundraising for your race here.
Your nonprofit must be approved to receive donations using Facebook Payments.
When people create a fundraiser for your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook has 2 ways of distributing funds to nonprofits. In order to use the integration, your nonprofit must be approved to accept donations through Facebook Payments.
Here are the steps to qualify for and enable Facebook fundraising and donation tools:
- Use this link to verify that your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments. If not already approved, you will be able to sign up here to accept donations via Facebook Payments: https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup
- This process can take up to 1-2 weeks.
- Your nonprofit will need to meet the following requirements to qualify for Facebook Payments:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the IRS.
- Have a tax ID number.
- Have a bank account registered with a licensed financial services institution. Bank account details, including the bank name, bank account holder’s name (organization’s name), a legible and official bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months, SWIFT Code and bank IBAN number.
- The date of birth and address of the charity’s CEO or executive director.
- Clicking Publishing Tools in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donation Settings under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.
You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1640008462980459
Submit your race for approval to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API integration.
Once you have set up fundraising for your RunSignup race and Facebook Payments for your nonprofit’s Facebook account, you must submit your race to be whitelisted by Facebook for access to the Facebook Fundraiser API integration.
On your Race Dashboard, go to Donations/Fundraising >> Facebook Fundraisers. Enter the requested information in the contact form and submit by clicking Facebook Fundraiser Settings.
If your nonprofit is not already on-boarded to Facebook Payments, your request will not be processed. You will receive a “Request Rejected” notification to your email from email@example.com, with directions on how to get approved for Facebook Payments.
Facebook manually reviews and approves each nonprofit that is granted access to the API. This process can take 2 weeks, and your nonprofit is not guaranteed approval. We will be unable to provide updates during the review process. If Facebook or RunSignup requires additional information to approve your nonprofit, we will contact you directly. Once the integration is enabled, you will see a notification on the page.