We are hiring two interns for our software development team for the summer of 2018 – one in our Moorestown, NJ office (Philadelphia suburb) and one in Orlando, FL. We have had great success with this program, with over a half dozen interns over the years. Three of those interns actually work at RunSignUp full time now after graduating college.
The ideal candidate will be a college or very advanced high school student who loves to code and produce software. Successful candidates in the past have had a good combination of course work and theory as well as real life practice typically with personal projects or other work experience.
Depending on the best candidate’s abilities and interests, projects may vary from working on user experience to doing database driven application development to doing mobile based development to doing infrastructure or security projects.
You will be working alongside some other very talented developers. Our software technology platform is made up of the following:
- AWS and many of their services like SQS, SES, SNS, and more recently Lambda.
- Core platform is PHP, memcached, MySQL and Linux. The Orlando team has .Net as well.
- We have several mobile apps using React.
We are a very fast moving team, where we give broad responsibility to a developer to get projects done by breaking them into small tasks with frequent releases. We also dedicate 20% of our time to making small incremental improvements that might only take an hour or two to complete that we receive from customers. Last year we made over 1,500 deployments – so we are strong supporters of Continuous Deployment.
We highly value technology and understand it is the very core of what we offer our customers. Hiring interns is one of the ways we try to contribute to the technology industry as interns get a chance to experience a very advanced development environment, as well as a productive entrepreneurial business.
We have a strong culture which we hold very dear. Please review our background to make sure this is the right type of place for you, such as:
2017 Year in Review
2017 Registration Market Analysis
RunSignUp History Timeline
RunSignUp Philosophy over the years
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Computer Science course work – theory and practical
- Implemented projects – typically personal websites or apps
- Proven record of accomplishment – grades, test scores, completed projects, prior work experience
- Running/endurance sports roots and enthusiasm for active lifestyle
- High energy, hands-on, ability to complete full lifecycle development
- Gets stuff done rather than just talk about stuff
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks
- Thirst for learning
- Team player who acts with personal integrity and treats others with respect
We pay $15-25 per hour depending on experience.
If you think you can help and want to join our dynamic, fun, growing company please send a resume to bob.bickel at runsignup.com.
One thought on “Help Wanted – Development Interns”