The RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API integration is now available for Charity Partners on RunSignup and GiveSignup. The integration allows your fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from your fundraising run/walk/ride. The amounts raised on RunSignup and Facebook are automatically synced, enabling your participants (and your nonprofit) to raise more and reach fundraising goals faster.
RunSignup’s free Facebook Fundraiser API Integration lets your nonprofit leverage RunSignup’s integrated registration and fundraising platform with Facebook’s social network reach and free processing fees.
- Raise More. On average, connected fundraisers raise over $150 through Facebook. Facebook’s powerful social network and ease of use make it easy for your fundraisers to ask their friends for donations.
- Save Time. The RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration automates the process of manually logging and tracking Facebook donations for your race.
- Save Money. It’s free to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration. Donations made on RunSignup have a low 4% processing fee (yes, that includes credit card fees) that you can absorb, pass to your donors, or give your donors the option to cover. Facebook’s free processing fees lower your nonprofit’s donation processing fees even more when you enable the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration.
There are several steps that Charity Partners need to take in order to gain access to RunSignup’s Facebook Fundraiser API Integration:
- You must claim your Charity Partner dashboard.
- One or more of the race(s) attached to your Charity Partner dashboard must have fundraising enabled.
- Your nonprofit must be approved for Facebook Payments.
- Submit your Charity Partner for approval to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration
1. You must claim your Charity Partner dashboard.
If you are added as a Charity Partner to a race on RunSignup, you will receive an email prompting you to create a RunSignup account, claim the dashboard access and set up your Charity Partner payment account. You can find full instructions and an overview of the Charity Partner dashboard here.
2. One or more of the race(s) attached to your Charity Partner dashboard must have fundraising enabled.
3. Your nonprofit must be approved for Facebook Payments.
When people create a fundraiser for your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook has 2 ways of distributing funds to nonprofits. In order to use the integration, your nonprofit must be approved to accept donations through Facebook Payments.
Here are the steps to qualify for and enable Facebook fundraising and donation tools:
- Use this link to verify that your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments. If not already approved, you will be able to sign up here to accept donations via Facebook Payments: https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup
- This process can take up to 1-2 weeks.
- Your nonprofit will need to meet the following requirements to qualify for Facebook Payments:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the IRS.
- Have a tax ID number.
- Have a bank account registered with a licensed financial services institution. Bank account details, including the bank name, bank account holder’s name (organization’s name), a legible and official bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months, SWIFT Code and bank IBAN number.
- The date of birth and address of the charity’s CEO or executive director.
- Clicking Publishing Tools in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donation Settings under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.
You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1640008462980459
4. Submit your Charity Partner for approval to use the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration.
Once you have claimed your Charity Partner dashboard and set up Facebook Payments for your nonprofit’s Facebook account, you must submit your Charity Partner to be whitelisted by Facebook for access to the Facebook Fundraiser API integration.
On your Charity Partner dashboard, go to Facebook Fundraising >> Setup. Enter the requested information in the contact form and submit by clicking Facebook Fundraiser Settings.
If your nonprofit is not already on-boarded to Facebook Payments, your request will not be processed. You will receive a “Request Rejected” notification to your email from firstname.lastname@example.org, with directions on how to get approved for Facebook Payments.
Facebook manually reviews and approves each nonprofit that is granted access to the API. This process can take several weeks, and your nonprofit is not guaranteed approval. We will be unable to provide updates during the review process. If Facebook or RunSignup requires additional information to approve your nonprofit, we will contact you directly. Once the integration is enabled, you will see a notification on the page.
Races can enable the setting to allow the Charity Partner(s) to enter offline donations (this setting can be found in the individual Charity Partner set up page).
If this setting is enabled, Charity Partners will be able to view all Facebook Donations under Financial >> Manual Donations.
Every Charity Partner that enables the Facebook Fundraiser API Integration will also be able to view Facebook donations in the dashboard by going to Financial >> Donation Summary, regardless of the permissions given by the race. Click Download as CSV at the bottom of the report.
The export shows Facebook Donation in the First Name and Last Name columns, along with the donation amount and the date when the donation was made on Facebook.
Additionally, the race will be able to view Facebook Donations across all Charity Partners from the Race Dashboard by going to Donations >> Manual on the Race Dashboard. This report will show the Charity Partner name so that the race can easily distinguish which Facebook donations are associated with each Charity Partner.
HOW YOUR SUPPORTERS CAN CREATE FACEBOOK FUNDRAISERS
You can enable the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API integration at any time during registration. New registrants who fundraiser for your nonprofit will be able to create their Facebook Fundraiser from the confirmation page when they finish registering. Already registered participants can create directly from their RunSignup fundraising page when they are logged into RunSignup. You can find a full explanation of how the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration works for your supporters here.