Race Timers’ Monthly Update
We are pleased to shine the spotlight on Steve Turrisi, co-founder of Race Day Professionals. Steve is a RaceDay Certified Timer who truly embraces new technology. Recently, Steve took the initiative to offer RaceJoy for one of his important Florida races. The event organizers weren’t that familiar with RaceJoy and initially not that engaged about the product. That quickly changed on race day when they realized the value of RaceJoy. Steve shared his experiences with us and we thought other RaceDay Certified Timers would benefit from his experience.
Tuesdays at 12pm ET (9am PT)
Join RunSignup’s Crisp McDonald each Tuesday for a quick dive into RaceDay products and topics timers want to hear about to prepare for the busy race season head. These are intended to be short sessions (no more than 30 minutes). Go ahead and sign up even if you are unable attend so that you automatically receive a recording of the session.
Upcoming Timer Tip Tuesdays:
click to register
March 3: Web CheckIn
March 10: CheckIn APP
Timer Tip: Managing Bib Assignments
Watch this recorded webinar on how to use RunSignup’s Bib Management tool along with some helpful tips.
Timer Tip: Dynamic Bib Assignments
This Webinar covers why timers should incorporate Dynamic Bib Assignments and how to use RunSignup’s RaceDay Dynamic Bib Assignment product.
RaceDay Scoring Update February 27 at 2pm ET
Join us for a live update on the latest and greatest changes in RaceDay Scoring. The Future is Now!
Partnering with Your Timer For Success Webinar, March 5
Invite Your Race Directors!
This Webinar will help race directors understand the value and services timers can bring to a race.
RaceJoy Virtual Certification March 31
Tuesday, March 31
3pm to 5PM (ET)
A one-time virtual RaceJoy Certification training is now available for those timers who are not able to attend the Summer Symposium training or have a race prior to then. Space is very limited and the cost is $500. The training is from 2pm to 5pm and will require your full attention and engagement.
Note: Only one person per timing company needs to be Certified in order to offer RaceJoy. That person can then be responsible for training those in the company who will be performing the map building for RaceJoy. Of course, you always have the option to have multiple people receive the formal training.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com.
Web CheckIn Changes
Read this blog to find out the recent changes and improvements made to the RaceDay Web CheckIn. This is a very useful and easy-to-use RaceDay tool.
RaceDay Suite Demo
Watch this quick RaceDay Suite overview from RunSignup’s Winter Symposium demo room. It covers key components of the RaceDay Suite – from RaceDay Registration to Results.
Participant Tracking: Promotion =Usage
We’ve recently launched automatic promotion when timers activate tracking for a race – whether text/email alerts or RaceJoy. Promotion means less questions and increased usage.
Timer Support Contacts: If you have questions, please contact the following:
- All RaceDay Products: Crisp McDonald
- RaceDay Scoring, The Race Director: Roger Bradshaw
- RaceJoy Map Building: Kevin Lai
- RaceJoy, RaceDay Certification Program: Shelly Harris
RaceDay Timer Tools
Access the updated RaceDay Timer flyers here:
Timer Industry News
- Early Registration for RunSignup Summer Symposium
- RunSignup Reaches $1 Billion in Processing
- RunSignup Releases 100 Largest Road Races Report
- Why We Run – Strava Sponsored Study
- The Great Fitness Scam
- Women in Triathlon: Where Are We Now
- Men’s Winner of El Paso Marathon Disqualified and Banned
- Tokyo Marathon Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
- Wanda Sports Considering $1 Billion Sale in Ironman Triathlon
- Brooks Sees 3.5% Revenue Gain in 2019
- FitBit Earnings Show Worst Holiday Sales Amid Google Acquisition
- Garmin’s Q4 Beats Expectations on Strong Fitness Growth
- Mizuno’s Sales Slide in Nine Months
- Under Armour Misses Q4 Targets and Delivers Weak Outlook
- Sketchers Stock Soars After Q4, Brand Warns of Coronavirus Impact
- Nike, Adidas Say Coronavirus Will Hurt Business In China
- Ashworth Awards Launches Its 100% Made in the USA Dimensional Steel Product Line
Summer Symposium Early Registration Now Open!
Take advantage of discounted registration by signing up now for the Summer Symposium. For those who would like to become RaceDay Certified, training will be held on Monday, July 27. Regular symposium days are July 28-29 and will host many timer-specific sessions, including timer best practices, business tips, and advanced RaceDay Suite product training.