Below is a recording of this week’s Timer Tip Tuesday, where RunSignup’s Crisp McDonald provided more advanced training on how to setup a virtual event with a focus on virtual results, RaceJoy, and Challenge events. We’ve introduced many improvements and features.
Basic Setup Points
Event Wizard Setup
- Set each event to Virtual/Challenge type (even when there is a defined course with expanded race dates)
- Make sure defined courses and virtual courses each have their own course setup so they can be enabled in RaceJoy.
- Start and End times set correctly
- Distance set correctly (sets the distance for RaceJoy)
- Set up auto bib assignments (bib numbers required for virtual results)
- Enable email notification of bib numbers
- Enable virtual results
- Configure and setup result sets and alternate result sets as needed (watch video for greater explanation)
- Enable each course for tracking
- If missing a course, add it to the event wizard (can hide from registration)
- Adjust processing types as needed
- Complete any defined course setup
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.