RunSignup customers Brian Pessalano (Fredericksburg Area Running Club) and Kristen Loescher (Arsenal Events) appeared on a local radio show where they discussed a topic at the front of everyone’s mind: organizing running events in a pandemic.
Check out their interview to discuss a myriad of topics, including:
- Managing a running club safely (different paces help!)
- The awkwardness of an efficient, party-less post-race
- How results technology is maintaining social distancing in a cool way
- The impact of race cancellations on local nonprofits
- Strategies for using waves to get events off safely
- What it’s like to run a virtual 1 Mile
Pro Tip: engaging local media can always be valuable, but right now it’s a great way to build trust in your community that your events are safe and that they can still be fun with social distancing. Reach out to local outlets while they have fewer events to promote!