Timer Survey Debrief
Below is a recorded webinar where we cover the recent findings from the 2021 timer market survey. Some key findings include:
General Timer Business:
- 55% of timers have another job.
- 42% of timers have a different full-time job.
- 78% of timers provide services beyond timing.
- 62% of timers added new services, including virtual event tools, QR readers, video boards, new scoring software, and resurgence of chip timing.
- Participation at on-site events is still not back at full capacity.
- 24% report experiencing staffing issues.
- 27% plan to remote time some of their events in 2022.
- There were slight shifts in timing hardware usage and scoring software usage.
- RaceDay Scoring experienced 12% increase in usage.
- Most timers ( 87%) are on newer scoring software or plan to transition to newer software.
- 69% of timers offer some form of participant tracking.
- RaceDay CheckIn app was the most valued product during 2021.
- RaceDay products and support received high scores from timers.
- The top 5 products used in 2021 were:
- RaceDay Registration
- RaceDay CheckIn
- Dynamic Bib Assignments
- Results (virtual & on-site)
Watch the recording below for more in-depth findings.
Timers are invited to sign up for one-on-one training on any of the RaceDay products by clicking the banner below.