Corporate Team Races are events where organizations fund employee participation. Many times these events are done around Wellness and Health campaigns.
These races are typically very different than a normal race. Some organizations may want to pay for all or part of the entry fees for employees and potentially family and friends. Some races accept checks or provide invoices for some of the teams rather than take online payments. Team sizes and sponsorship opportunities vary; furthermore, there can be a mix of individuals, teams and organizations. In short, this is complex. Today, some of these races are organized by sending spreadsheets around or using tools that only partially meet their needs.
RunSignUp has recently released a comprehensive solution for Corporate Team Runs/Walks. Several large corporate team races helped us define the needs:
- Find the right team and register easily
- Easily setup team – defining rules for # of employees and family members, % they will pay, etc.
- Track team members, costs and payments
- Define different team types and levels of sponsorship
- Customize questions and store items for participants and team captains
- Generate invoices, collect online payments and record manual payments
- Reports and Tracking
While this was designed with 5,000-20,000 person events in mind, some smaller races are already using this to extend their promotional efforts as well. One small race of about 1,000 runners has 3 corporate teams using this to pay for their employees – bringing in a few more runners and differentiating their race from the other 5K’s on St. Patricks Day!
RunSignUp First Tuesday Webinar
This month we will be reviewing Corporate Team Races. We will also open the floor to questions and try to answer all of them!
See our last webinar by clicking here. And join us on our next “First Tuesday” Webinar on March 5 at 7PM Eastern.
This Month’s Popular Race Director Blogs
- Corporate Team Race Solution
- Reserved and Late Entries
- Free EMail Marketing
- Updated Graphical Reports
- Participant Display Customization
- Race Location – Getting Precise
- Welcome Bryan Jenkins!
That is Jordan and Bryan at the right, taken at the ChronoTrack Conference. Make them your friends as they can really help you with ideas for your race or your timing company!