Installing Printer Drivers on Windows for the Check In App
In order to print with the Check In App, there may be some changes you will have to make to your local printing driver configuration. For Mac users, the supported Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo label printer and Epson TM-20II receipt printer work right out of the box. However, on Windows devices, additional configuration is necessary. The steps below will guide you on how to install a generic USB print driver that is needed for the RunSignUp Check In App to print receipts and bib labels.
Windows Print Driver Instructions
- Download Zadig.exe available from: http://zadig.akeo.ie/
- Close any open applications
- Run the executable, giving it administrative permissions
- Select Options > List All Devices
- Choose ‘TM-20II’ or ‘Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo’ from the dropdown menu
- Choose the libusbk driver (not libusb-win32).
- Click ‘Reinstall Driver’ and wait for installation to complete. If installation fails, restart your computer and try again.
- After installation the printer is now ready for printing on the RunSignUp Check In App.
The RunSignUp Check In App is free and can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/runsignup-check-in/cigpmiahhonhajcpidoobalagklmiibd