Moorestown, NJ – The Race Director, timing software used by over 500 races to produce scoring and results for over 5,000,000 race finishers each year, has released the 2017 version of their product. The Race Director software iterates and improves each year to meet the evolving needs of race timers; customers can update and renew their annual support subscription on The Race Director Website.
The Race Director 2017 includes several major enhancements:
- New Partnerships: Race Result, Agee Race Timing, IPICO UHF and Trident UHF systems have been added to the list of supported chip systems.
- Chip Processing Auto Import: There is now the ability to put the chip data import process into Auto Import Mode for both standard and lap races. When in Auto Import Mode, Race Director will continuously import new reads and publish results as the race is ongoing. Race Day Results, a new application, has been developed to produce reports while Race Director continues in Auto Import Mode.
- Race Director Go Custom Reports: Standard Race Director reports can now be sent to RD Go (the race day product that allows timers to simply upload results to the web and provide finish notifications) as a separate result set. These reports will appear along with the standard result sets on the Result Page. Race Director reports with this capability include: Team Detail, Team Summary, Age Graded Results, Predicted Time Results, and Single Segment Finish Lists.
- Check Points: A new Timing Point Setting has been created to designate a Timing Point as a check mat. Several new reports for showing check mat detail have been developed.
- Cross Country: There has been a complete overhaul of the Dual Meet Mode reporting.
A PDF of all enhancements included in the 2017 software can be found here.
About the Race Director
The Race Director, a part of RunSignUp, has been a hub for managing races for over 20 years. Developed by Roger Bradshaw, it is a highly functional, stable, and open software product with strong customer satisfaction. A key part of the success is the open approach that connects to all major chip timing equipment, including ChronoTrack, Mylaps, Ipico, RFID, Winning Times, DAG, J-Chip, AMB, and RaceResult. Additionally, The Race Director supports easy integration with registration and results systems like Active, CT Live from ChronoTrack, Xact, RunSignUp, ImAthlete, SignMeUp, and The Driven.