We released a major step forward with our Race Analytics engine today – showing web referral sources for Registrations and Transaction Dollars.
This is all built on our big RunSignUp Analytics engine that is tracking each click that happens on your race website. Just like Google Analytics, we are tracking the web referral source – so if a person saw a link to your race on Facebook and clicked on it, we know that click to your website came from Facebook and keep track of that as a pageview. We also keep track of when that person registers and keep track of that so there is a mapping.
For example, in the above race, 6 people came from the Facebook Mobile App generating $144, and 2 people came from regular Facebook in a web browser generating $70.
- If you have a website for your race, that will likely be the top referrer since people are just coming to MyTurkeyTrot.com – and that is the case above
- Direct means several things:
- They typed in the direct RunSignUp URL – RunSignUp.com/MyTurkeyTrot
- They came to RunSignUp.com and searched for your race
- They were imported
- We will continue to build out functionality. In the next few weeks you will be able to:
- See the split between Registration and Donation $Dollars
- Create custom tracking codes for your own Campaigns. For example, create a unique code for each Facebook ad or for your own email system if you do not use RunSignUp
We are glad to be getting so much positive feedback on our new dashboards. Here is a snapshot of how they look now: