- Want to work with a dynamic, cutting-edge company that uses innovative technology to make a difference in the endurance and nonprofit markets?
- Have experience in hands-on human resource management for a growing technology company?
- Love working with passionate, smart people?
GiveSignup | RunSignup is the leading all-in-one platform for endurance and fundraising events. More than 22,000 races, supporting over 9,000 nonprofits, use GiveSignup | RunSignup’s free and integrated registration, nonprofit ticketing and fundraising solutions to save time, grow events, and raise more money for their races and nonprofits.
In 2019, we launched a new division of RunSignup, GiveSignup, to expand into the adjacent nonprofit technology market with a purpose-built ticketing platform for nonprofits, donation websites, and fundraising campaigns. In 2021, we closed our Series A funding round to accelerate GiveSignup’s growth. With this injection of capital, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our team and lead the human resources function for GiveSignup | RunSignup. The ideal candidate is a human resources generalist who has experience with recruiting, benefits, payroll, training programs, new employee onboarding and with interest in helping us build our DE&I program. We are a small but growing organization and this is our first full time HR position, so we need this person to have broad experience and to be able to wear multiple hats.
As Human Resource Manager you will be responsible for working with other company managers to source new positions for our rapidly growing company. You will coordinate posting and promoting new positions, receive and review resumes from a diverse pool and screen candidates. You will lead the process to get offers to new candidates and handle and manage onboarding efforts for all new hires. You will manage the annual review of the company’s benefit programs and communicate with employees about benefits and manage the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process. You will handle the preparation and processing of the company’s bi-weekly payroll. You will lead the annual performance review process. We are also embarking on an actionable DE&I program that will be a part of our top level strategy as a company. You will work closely with the executive team to create and implement and continually improve our entire employee engagement and culture.
This is a full-time position based in the Philadelphia area. Our office is in Moorestown, NJ and we will give preference to candidates who can work at least half time from the office. This role requires a broad base of HR skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for a talented and passionate individual who wants to work in a tech savvy, high growth, team in the endurance and nonprofit industry.
Our guiding principles are to have equal parts of Work, Learn, Fun, and Team. We believe customers, employees, and owners all share equally in the responsibility and success of the company.
In your role with GiveSignup | RunSignup, you will:
- Advise and assist other managers with recruiting efforts and all parts of the hiring process for new positions for our rapidly growing company
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan and execute training and development programs
- Manage compensation and benefits packages to incentivize, encourage and support employees, educate employees about benefits and handle the administration of our benefit plans. Understand environment for compensation and benefits providing information to make sure the company stays competitive
- Support company diversity initiatives by tracking and ensuring company diversity goals are being met relative to compensation, benefits, promotions and hiring
- Organize and lead internal company get togethers for employees
- Monthly travel to sales office in Richmond, VA to spend time and meet with employees working from that location
- Support and manage company office locations and environment
- Provide support to employees in various HR related matters such as leave, compensation, benefits and career development and resolve any issues that may arise
- Maintain up to date knowledge of federal and state employment laws and compliance requirements and implement employee handbook updates and organizational changes where required
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain employee files and records
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or other applicable area
- 3-5 years of experience in a diverse HR generalist role
- Hands on experience with the recruiting process, benefits and payroll
- Outstanding leadership and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong, empathetic communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills: must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- High energy, hands-on, team player who is passionate about the endurance and nonprofit industries
Compensation for our HR Manager consists of a combination of a base salary plus an annual performance-based bonus. In addition to salary and bonus, health insurance is company paid and includes a $2,000 HSA contribution by the company each year. GiveSignup | RunSignup has a competitive paid leave policy, paid long term disability insurance, an employee stock option program and a Simple IRA with up to 3% of an employee’s compensation as a matching contribution. In addition, all GiveSignup | RunSignup employees are owners via a grant of options that vest over a period of four years.
If you consider yourself a motivated, competitive self-starter, who understands human resources, technology and the nonprofit community and wants to join our dynamic, fun, growing company; GiveSignup | RunSignup is the opportunity for you. If you would like to apply please send a resume with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of interest, we will only be able to respond to highly qualified candidates.