Are you proud of your race website?
Your Race Website is important. It provides your year round public image, providing important information to your runners and a way to attract new runners. But building and maintaining a nice looking, modern, mobile-centric website is hard and expensive.
Most races can not afford a real website or do not have the time or technical capability to build a website. So they rely on their registration company for a simple webpage, or a town or school website to put up a page or two. The problem with this is that it may not give your race:
- Visibility (ads for other races, or no ability to highlight your brand, or sponsors)
- Useful Information for Runners (all the specifics of your race like packet pickup, parking, course map, awards, etc. that are not registration specific)
- Flexibility to highlight the things that are important for your race (having the ability to create your own pages and control over your own menu of pages)
- Mobile friendly (currently 48% of web visitors are on mobile phones and another 9% are on tablet – so your site has to think mobile-first)
When you create a race on RunSignup, you automatically get your own modern race website that brings your race to a higher level with the following features:
- Native Mobile Race Website
- Everything about your race in one place – no popping between different looking websites for registration, donations, race info, results, participant searching, etc.
- Your own Logo and Cover Photo are the highlight of your site (no ads)
- Pick your own color palette
- Automatically created pages for common things like Race Info, SignUp, Donate, Find a Participant, Results, Gift Certificates, Store, Volunteers, Sponsors and more based on what you set up for your race
- Add your own Custom Pages for things like Course Map, Awards, Packet Pickup information, etc.
- Fully integrated with the database – for example the “Find a Participant” page contains the people who signed up 1 second ago, results are posted as soon as your timer posts them, a price change occurs on your Race Info page as well as on the registration page.
- SEO automatic optimizations (Google ranks mobile-ready highly, RunSignUp uses special tags, URL combinations and site maps that optimize for searches, and your race benefits from the high quality score of the RunSignUp site).
- Nice URL – runsignup.com/SampleHalf
- Automated Social Sharing on Facebook, Twitter and others
- Built-in Google Analytics
- Continuous improvements that are made by RunSignUp without any effort on your part to add features and improve the functionality
These features are all available for free to your race. No need to get a hosting account, no need to get a developer or learn WordPress. You can adjust everything yourself at any time and incrementally add information and refine the look of your website over time. We have lots of video tutorials that show how easy it is to change the cover photo or color scheme, as well as add your own custom content and menu.
Are you ready to update your race to a real website? Take a look at the following two examples, or visit them live on the web and play around with them:
– Sample Simple 5K Website
– Sample Advanced 10K & Half Website
Simple Race Website Overview and Registration on Mobile
9 thoughts on “Free Race Website”