We are now accepting applications for our 2019 Community Grant Program. The program, in its fourth year, awards a $10,000 contribution to endurance-related nonprofit organizations. Anyone can nominate an organization for the RunSignup Community Grant here through June 17, 2019.
The grant supports nonprofits that promote the endurance industry; for example, local youth running programs, training funds for tri-athletes, or the collection of running shoes for runners in developing countries. Requirements for applicants include:
- All applicants must be a 501(c)3 Non-Profit
- All nominated organizations must have an endurance-related central mission. This mean that the organization directly supports the endurance community, not that it uses a running event (such as a 5K) to raise money for a non-endurance charity (such as cancer research).
- Nominations can be made by anyone – employees or volunteers within an organization, as well as general supporters of an organization.
- An organization can be nominated by more than one person; however, this does not increase the chances of an award for that organization. All nominations will be evaluated equally.
- Previous winners can re-apply; however, organizations are not eligible in consecutive years – 2018 Community Grant winners are not eligible in 2019 (2016 & 2017 winners can re-apply).
The final award decision will be made by the RunSignup Customer Advisory Board in mid-July, just prior to the 6th Annual RunSignup Symposium.
The full contribution can be made to a single nonprofit or divided among several. More information and the application for the Community Grant can be found here: http://resources.runsignup.com/runsignup-community-grant/