More than 9,000 nonprofits raise money with GiveSignup | RunSignup for their fundraising run/walk/ride events. Additionally, nonprofits also raise money with GiveSignup | RunSignup as Charity Partners. Race organizations like to partner with nonprofits because it helps them grow participation as nonprofits encourage their supporters to participate and fundraise. Nonprofits benefit from partnering with races because it’s a low-overhead way to incentivize peer-to-peer fundraising, grow donor lists, and promote their mission.
It’s easy for races to add one or many Charity Partners to accept direct payments for donations and host fundraisers as part of their race registration. Some examples of races with Charity Partners include:
GiveSignup | RunSignup Charity Partners aren’t limited to partnering with races. If you currently work with a Charity Partner, add value to your relationship by optimizing their experience with your event and letting them know about GiveSignup’s suite of free event and fundraising technology.
Step 1: Optimize the Charity Partner Experience
Regardless of what you call them, when you add a “Charity Partner”, make sure they understand how to access their Charity Partner Dashboard to manage both their brand and their donations.
- Direct payment. Encourage adding payment account information for faster donation payments, direct to the nonprofit.
- Message Control. From their Charity Partner Dashboard, encourage the nonprofit to update their current logo, add a message about their cause, and share their mission. Convincing someone to donate starts with understanding how their donation will make a difference.
- View donor data. Your charity partner can view and export data on all donors and fundraisers for the event, letting them add them to their nurturing programs to build recurring donors – all without requesting reports from you.
Step 2: Activate Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
Help your Charity Partner engage supporters and the board with simple and easy peer-to-peer fundraising as a part for your event.
- Make fundraisers successful. Charity Partners can enable the free GiveSignup | RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser integration, allowing your fundraisers to fundraise on both platforms with fundraising totals in sync.
- Incentivize and reward. Add fundraiser rewards and milestone confetti to gamify fundraising and keep supporters motivated to continue.
- Suggest peer-to-peer fundraising beyond your event. Many nonprofits have found success adding fundraising to their own free or low-cost virtual event, or by offering standalone online campaigns that promote celebratory fundraising for any occasion. Keeping those fundraising efforts on the same platform as your event means less education for repeat fundraisers and easier report reconciliation.
Step 3: Share More Fundraising Tools for Nonprofits
Nonprofits can access a range of free GiveSignup tools outside of their relationship with your event. A few areas to point them to:
- Unlimited donation forms are a simple, branded upgrade from PayPal. Flexible combinations of one-time, monthly, quarterly, and annual giving options are always available.
- Donation websites are a simple, professional website solution for a nonprofit to house all their donation campaigns – including individual donation forms and fundraising campaigns.
- The Nonprofit Ticket Platform makes it easy to sell tickets to a range of events (like a virtual cocktail class or a scavenger hunt) with donations integrated into the purchasing process.
Additional Tips for Nonprofits
- Save money. GiveSignup | RunSignup’s donation processing fees are always a flat 4% of the transaction total – but that fee can be further reduced by giving donors the option to cover the processing fee.
- Emphasize donations with Donation Discounts. Focus the attention on the mission by prioritizing donations over ticket fees.
- Keep the fun going with Photos. The free Photo Platform allows unlimited photo uploads from endurance and ticket events, re-engaging attendees in the days and weeks that follow.
- Implement a Hybrid approach to events. Build an annual calendar that supports both in-person and virtual events every year. Virtual participants can be different from loyal in-person attendees – but both types of supporters are valuable. And whenever possible, include both in-person and virtual options for every event, creating built-in contingency plans and expanding your reach.
Encourage your charity partner to check out our on-demand webinar to learn more about using GiveSignup | RunSignup’s free fundraising tools.