RaceJoy Overview and Demo
Below is a an overview and product demo of RaceJoy’s key features. RaceJoy is RunSignup’s mobile app for endurance events giving real-time updates and interaction for participants, spectators, and race organizers. Events using RunSignup’s registration receive discounted pricing through certified providers and have the added advantage of seamless integration with registration data, event information, and results. RaceJoy is available for on-site defined course events, virtual race anywhere events, and challenge events.
RaceJoy’s key features include:
- GPS phone tracking
- Progress updates at every mile
- Audio cheer sending
- Real-time results (officially scored by timer or virtual finish times submitted through the app)
- Race organizer dashboard and communications system
- Sponsor placement opportunities
- Custom audio experience (sound files play at milestones available for on-site and virtual events)
Some recent new features that have been deployed for RaceJoy include:
- Automated registration integration
- UI refresh and participant detail pages
- SOS emergency alert feature
- Participant ability to export split data
RaceJoy works well with the following types of events:
- Running, walking
- Escorted swimming
- SUP and other water events
- Ultra distances and extreme challenges
- Relay team events
A great deal of development has been done to support the relay events and is a great way for race organizers to offer an experience that brings teams together. In addition, RaceJoy is designed to work for events that have variable cell conditions on the course and will continue to function in dead zones.
RaceJoy is available through RaceJoy Certified Timers. Check to see is your timer is certified or search for one here. Also, feel free to try out RaceJoy yourself with the RaceJoy Rocks demo event specifically for event organizers.